Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wishing for sleep...





It was our last full day with the kids this week. Tomorrow and Thursday we will have our last round of parent-teacher conferences. Then Friday is always a half day due to in-services.

Jimmy and I have both been really exhausted this week. On Sunday they had their final night of the dance festival. It didn’t end up getting over until around 12:30. Then, all of the people hopped onto their showmachies to go back to their house. Since we live right next to the school this is all we heard from 12:30 - 1:00AM.

Last night Jimmy and I both went to bed early. At around 4:40AM I hear a beeping noise. I think that it is the fire alarm to tell me that it needs new battery. I wake up Jimmy because I can’t reach to get it off the wall. When Jimmy went to look for it he realized that it was the carbon monoxide detector. He figured the batteries needed to be changed and did so. However, once the new batteries were in and we reset it, it began to beep even louder. Jimmy then realizes that it’s the actual alarm and we begin to pack up our stuff to go to school. I am so tired so I borrow Pat’s (our amazing state mentor) bed to sleep in Jimmy’s room until school starts. Jimmy decides to stay up. Not a good way to start the day!

Other than that not too much eventful has been going on around here. Daylight seems to last forever now. The sun sets well after 10:00PM now and it is getting much lighter in the mornings. The pictures you see here are ones that I took at about 6:30 PM. As you can see our spring has not happened yet, and the snow fell all weekend. Right now I wish I was in warmer weather watching the snow melt instead of watching it grow.

1 comment:

Dirk Martin said...

Well Kerri,
I don't envy you for living in that house anymore. You can almost say that you live in an igloo and are reverting back to traditional Yup'ik ways of life. Just remember, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.