Saturday, April 26, 2008

The end of the year is approaching

Not too much has been going on around here therefore there have been no updates. We have been keeping ourselves busy, winding down the year. We can’t believe that we only have another 19 more days school days until we are done with our first year of teaching!

Today Jimmy and I woke up bright and early for the last day of our Culture Class. The school district ended up giving us too many days of pay, so they created an in-service day for us on a Saturday to make up for the extra day. That day was today.

Yesterday I took a fall on the 3 steps we have in our school. I was so excited because 8 of my students passed a math phase this week and I was talking to Jimmy about it. When I was walking I was also talking (not a good idea on a Friday) and I fell down the steps. I have a bruised ankle and couldn’t walk on it yesterday. It is feeling much better know, and I can walk with only a little discomfort.

We still have a bunch of snow here. The days have seemed to get warmer though. The temperature got up to a blistering 35 degrees earlier this week. We have yet to reach the freezing mark since Tuesday though. The temp has been stuck in the teens and twenties. Hope everyone is having a great week.

No comments: