Monday, February 4, 2008

Birthday and Snow Day all in one




Well today is Jimmy's 24th Birthday! Unfortunately, he had a large migraine and had to call in sick to school. I on the other hand braved the weather to go to school. On my way, I kept being blown over. We had wind chills -50 below! These were winds like I have never experienced before! I couldn't see anything because the wind was whipping up the snow. Then I kept hitting drifts of snow and falling down. I actually missed the door to the school and had to go back to try and get it because the wind lead me away from it. Then, after I had been there for about 15-20 minutes they delayed school for an hour. I began to work and warm up (my room was around 60 degrees all day). Well we all waited around for a bit, and then they called off school for another hour. We then started school at 10:45. I have to say, it was pretty humorous to watch the kids try and walk into the school. They were barley moving and almost being swept away. When I got done with the elementary after school program at 6:00 I began to walk home. I had to reach down to get the door handle. Then I actually had to jump in. The picture actually looks better than it was. Then Jimmy and I spent some time shoveling us out of it. Just remember when you think you have experienced bad weather, realized that it is nothing compared to an Alaskan Bearing Sea storm!

No comments: